Pneumatic transport systems
• The pneumatic transport system is controlled by an industrial computer.
• The capsules are transported completely automatically to the desired destination, using different types of stations, these being chosen according to the customer’s needs and applications.
• Tube system
Any component with a maximum weight of 28 Kg, a maximum diameter of 30 cm and a maximum length of 50 cm, can be transported quickly, carefully and safely.
• Paper documents and x-rays
• Coins and Banknotes
• Tools and spare parts
• Laboratory samples with applications in all fields (medical, industrial, agricultural, food)
• Stations are used to block the capsules inside them to limit access by unauthorized persons.
• The capsules are unlocked based on an access card or pin.
• The protection of the samples in the capsule during transport is done with the help of special supports.
Capsule identification (RFID)
• Mainly used to identify the shipment and return the capsules to their shipping address.
• Allows you to obtain a shipment report.
• Shipping can only start if a chip capsule is used.
• For easier identification of areas in the system, the capsules may be different colors.
Fire protection for passages through fire walls
The material in the collar extends in case of fire and prevents the passage of fire and smoke between the rooms.
The benefits of the pneumatic transport system in the context of COVID 19
• It limits the direct interaction of employees
• Reduced daily transportation routes to employees
• Easy disinfection of the capsules and the entire system is allowed
• Reduces the development of viruses / bacteria by using antibacterial tubing.
• A special capsule can be used for additional disinfection of the system.
• HEPA air filters can be used to reduce and filter up to 99% of the transfer of contaminated air between areas.
Pneumatic transport system – An investment that pays off faster than you think…
• The pneumatic transport system solves the demand for internal transport of materials with speeds between 2 and 15 meters per second.
• The pneumatic transport system is fast and safe saving time and money.
• Productivity is improved due to the fact that staff do not waste time with material walks.
• Given that we use state-of-the-art technology and the best price-performance ratio, the payback period of the system is usually less than 1 year.
Calculation formula: R x T x C / 60
• R = number of routes made annually
• T = time per route
• C = hourly rate
• 60 = conversion factor from minutes to hours
Real calculation example in a bank:
Working days per year = 300
Location structure = ground floor counter area, head of department on the 1st floor
Number of daily routes = 40
Time required on the route = 2 minutes
Cost per hour employed = 8 euros
Investment in a 2-station system = about 2000 euros
So the amortization period in the first year is 7.5 months, after which you save 3200 euros every year.